[CT Birds] rarities

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Sep 7 13:37:46 EDT 2012

I have been saying (on Facebook) that folks should keep their eyes out for southern vagrants based on the wind maps for the last few days.  Looking at the current picture, conditions again look favorable as this cold front approaches.  After passage we may also get some good movements from the north and west.   This link has been posted before, but I find it extremely useful for visualizing patterns of potential relevance to bird and butterfly/ode movements:

This project is actually someone's art project, but it uses real-time meteorological data for the results.   Check out that southwest flow ahead of the front and NW flow behind!

Patrick Comins

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488

Phone: (203)264-5098 x308 (note, I currently do not have a phone at my desk, but will check messages, email is a quicker way to reach me right now)
Fax: (203)264-6332

pcomins at audubon.org