[CT Birds] Fw: eBird Report - Birdseye Boat Ramp, Sep 8, 2012

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Sat Sep 8 13:51:27 EDT 2012

I checked out Stratford Birdseye Boat ramp and Stratford Greenway this morning from 9:20 to 11:00 AM and did not locate the Avocet.  Tide was going out when I arrived and almost dead low when I left.  Does it seem that this bird is seen more at high tide than at low?
   But my time there was not wasted with several other good birds seen, including juvenile PEREGRINE FALCON, juvenile YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHT HERON and 2 juvenile NORTHERN SHOVELERS.

   Also at pond across from RE Michel on Access Rd. were 5 BLUE-WINGED TEAL.

Jack Swatt