[CT Birds] Westport;Tricolored Heron Hybird

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Sat Sep 8 18:11:59 EDT 2012

9/8/12  4:30 pm,  Hillspoint Road canoe launch area -  Seen from parking lot, over the right tip of the island on the far shore.  When the bird was standing and facing to the left, the folded wing had 3 evenly spaced small white blotches, vertically arranged, just in from the breast.  After those white areas and before the back of the bird there was a large white blotch, equal in (vertical) length to the 3 small white blotches.  I'm hoping someone took a left profile shot of the Hammo hybird to see if it compares to the Westport bird  of today.  When I left, the bird had sat down on the bank facing north.

3:30 pm,  Norwalk 14 Acre Pond, - one immature Little Blue Heron

Mike Warner
Wilton, CT.