[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Park Hawks - Not Just Yet

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 9 14:31:04 EDT 2012

16 human visitors stopped by hoping to see many migrants after this passing front.  Alas, the rain stopped and southerly winds died really late overnight.  The shift to steady light northerly winds didn't begin until about 6:30 am.  We had 6 Osprey, 1 Harrier, 11 Sharpies, 11 Kestrels, a Merlin and 2 Peregrines.  Of course there were many other Osprey and Merlin sightings in and around the Park.
The passerine movement was equally lackluster:  Tree Swallow 44, Barn Swallow 11, Chimney Swift 19, RT Hummingbird 4, E Kingbird 2, Purple Finch 9+, Am Goldfinch 37, Cedar Waxwing 77, Bobolink 151, Palm Warbler 4, Am Redstart 2, unid. warbler 5.
A beautiful day though, and I'm sure they'll be all dried off and ready to go tomorrow...
Steve Mayo