[CT Birds] Stratford Kingfishers

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sun Sep 9 21:43:08 EDT 2012

Just wanted to share this album of my time with a pair of Kingfishers.  It was so interesting to watch them interact for about 45 minutes on Saturday at Frash Pond in Stratford (corner of Access Road/Main Street).  They were quite vocal as well.  Would this be a mating thing?  Would they pair up this time of year?  I would love to hear what anyone has to share.  They were there again today but most of their activity was in the sun. Yesterday was cloudy.  Both days there were in the big tree right after the 2nd gate coming from the Access Road entrance.

FYI:  I have not seen the Avocet in two days and I made multiple trips down to the Boat Ramp and Greenway. Has anyone else seen him?

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT