[CT Birds] OT but nature related

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 13:44:21 EDT 2012

For those of you that enjoy reading about animals in all their mystery, I
would recommend 2 books I just finished reading.  Both of them have lots of
very interesting stories involving animals, but the elephants are central
to both.  The elephants are amazing!

1.  *Love, Life and Elephants: An African Love Story* by Dame Daphne
Sheldrick (the woman who has the elephant orphanage in Kenya)

2.  *The Elephant Whisperer* - Lawrence Anthony    Lawrence Anthony passed
away a few months ago, and according to what I've read on the internet, the
elephants he saved and returned to the wild came to his house after his
passing and stayed for 2 days "paying their respects" to Mr. Anthony,
mourning as elephants do.  Wonderful book.

Jan Hollerbach