[CT Birds] turkeys chasing goldfinches

Joseph Budrow jbudrow at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 10 19:06:43 EDT 2012

If I sat and just watched it I literally would see my thistle tube diminish by the minute. It gets pounded daily by goldies. When it is real low on food they hang upside down from the low post and eat from the lowest hole. One day I came home from work, glanced over at the hopper and saw a goldie being chased by a hummingbird. I think goldies are instigators and provide a great lunch for a turkey or a hummingbird.

Joe in Madison