[CT Birds] Barred Owl???

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Tue Sep 11 20:44:34 EDT 2012

It could very well have been. I've seen them in daylight before - most notably, one bathing in marsh water along the side of a road; it flew up into the evergreens when I walked by (this was about mid-afternoon in the fall). I'm sure there's some seed on the ground that attracts chipmunks, and that in turn may have attracted the owl.
~ Tammy Eustis, Chester