[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - 1558 Raptors

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Tue Sep 11 21:49:42 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Another good day at hawkwatches across CT. We totaled 1558 on the day. Most surprising to me though was we tallied considerably more Sharp-shinned Hawks than LHPP and Boothe today in a very similar counts of Broadies. In theory coastal sites should see considerably more than somewhere like Quaker. Sometimes hawk migration remains a mystery to me.

Almost dead on the deck, as it seemed to be from a couple of reports I got from coastal Fairfield County. Tomorrow looks quiet but if you want to come help me look for the Swainson's Hawk that they had late day at Chestnut Ridge you are more than welcome to join me.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich