[CT Birds] Workshop and field trip reminders

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Thu Sep 13 10:40:26 EDT 2012

Hi, all:

Just a reminder that there are two events this Saturday of interest to
birders.  Of course, the hawkwatch sites throughout the state are manned
daily.  Announcements below:

COA Raptor Workshop

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 at 9:30 am.

Boothe Memorial Park, Stratford

Learn how to identify raptors, including eagles, vultures, buteos,
accipiters, and falcons.  Watch for raptors in flight as they pass over this
excellent CT hawk watch site on their fall migration.  Boothe Memorial Park
is on Main Street in Stratford, off Route 110, just south of the Wilbur
Cross Parkway at Exit 53.  Meet at the hawk watch site, between the clock
tower and rose garden.  Free and open to the public.  Birders of all skill
levels are welcome. Leader: Scott Kruitbosch, et al.  Contact person: Chris
Loscalzo at  <mailto:closcalz at optonline.net> closcalz at optonline.net or
203-389-6508.

Lighthouse Point Bird Walk and Prep for Migration Festival

Saturday, September 15, 2012, 8:00 am

Ranger Dan Barvir and Arne Rosengren will lead the bird walk.  We'll meet at
the Hawk Watch parking lot at Lighthouse Point on New Haven Harbor.  Then,
beginning at 9:30 am, we will perform some light trail maintenance and
cleanup.  This is a great way to enjoy looking at birds and help preserve
their habitat at the same time.  Leaders: Dan Barvir: 203 946-6086 and Arne
Rosengren: 203 248-2903.

Thanks and good birding,

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge