[CT Birds] The Junco

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 14 18:30:54 EDT 2012

You know Paul I almost mentioned in my reply that Juncos do breed in CT, but
the original post was from a part of the state where, to my knowledge at
least, Juncos don't breed. Additionally, since virtually 100% of Dark-eyed
Juncos breed outside of CT, it is probably correct to assume the bird in
question is a migrant rather than a resident. I in no way consider the
northern part of CT separate from the southern part, it's  just I live in
the southern part and that's where I bird when I bird. As you know, my
natural history interests extend well beyond birds, and I have always been
jealous of the treasures the northern part of the state holds in the form of
reptiles, amphibians, butterflies, dragonflies, topography, and more. In
many ways the northern parts of CT are dearer to my heart than much of
southern CT. So if I in anyway made you think otherwise, I offer my humblest
apologies. Few things were further from my mind when I made that post.

And I for one would love to see more posts on CTBirds from the northern
parts of the state!

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England

 <http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>