[CT Birds] Thanks to Scott

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sat Sep 15 16:49:39 EDT 2012

Thanks to Scott K. for leading the COA workshop today at the Boothe Memorial
Park Hawk Watch site in Stratford.  It was well-attended, with more than 30
participants, and we all learned a lot from Scott about hawk ID and then saw
a number of migrating raptors including several Bald Eagles, Osprey,
American Kestrel, a Merlin, Cooper's Hawk, Sharp-shinned Hawk, and, of
course, dozens of Broad-winged Hawk.  There were also resident Red-tailed
and Red-shouldered Hawk and Black and Turkey Vultures to enjoy.  Thanks,
Scott!  We are all now more aware of Boothe Memorial as an excellent hawk
watch location in the state.

Chris Loscalzo,
Woodbridge