[CT Birds] Mourning Warbler Pine Creek

eyeflight16 at optonline.net eyeflight16 at optonline.net
Sat Sep 15 17:57:21 EDT 2012

I got my first few hours of freedom today to go birding since the beginning of school 3 weeks ago. Pine Creek, in Fairfield, was more or less dead with just about no migrants with one major exception: a female Mourning Warbler in the brushy area under the sumacs on the landfill. If anyone wants more specific directions I can provide them.  This is the third Mourning Warbler to my knowledge so far this fall at Pine Creek. I was about to turn around and go home after 20 minutes because of how low the bird activity was when I stumbled upon the warbler. It just goes to show that what seems like a dead area can harbor a surprise or two.

James Purcell
Fairfield