[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - Rockin!

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 19:45:56 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Good to see a couple of Connecticut's finest down at the hawkwatch today to enjoy the show. It looks like the Broadies had some distance to travel before they hit us but when they did it was amazing. The last hour of the watch (5-6pm) totaled an awesome 1100 treetop Broad-winged Hawks (a third of the days count). One of the most spectacular days I have experienced at a watch. Lucky we ignored our rumbling stomachs and aching necks and stayed for the long haul. A day that will stick long in the minds of all those that were there. More details on the day on www.hawkcount.org later.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich