[CT Birds] Migrating passerines this morning

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sun Sep 16 10:16:32 EDT 2012

9/16/12-Woodbridge, community gardens-today is shaping up to be a good day
for migrants, as expected.  We saw a total of 47 species of birds this
morning in our local patch, with the highlights being 1 Philadelphia Vireo
(dark lores, bright yellow throat), 11 warbler species, including
Blackburnian, Blackpoll, Canada, and Prairie Warbler.  The most abundant
warbler was Magnolia.  Also, 4 Lincoln's Sparrow, 1 Savannah Sparrow, and 2
White-throated Sparrow.  Indigo Bunting, Eastern Wood Pewee, Red-breasted
Nuthatch, and Ruby-throated Hummingbird were also observed.

Chris Loscalzo, with Betsy Britt, Judy Moore, and Marianne Vahey,

Woodbridge