[CT Birds] Waterford - Hummers etc. (Patrick Smith)

Patrick psmithct at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 16 10:49:30 EDT 2012

Still getting several hummers a day passing through at my feeders & salvias (I fill my deck with them each year just for the hummers.They prefer blue salvia guarantica to the reds, believe it or not)  I assume they are getting fat for a flight over the sound to long Island?  Or do they travel the coast?  I don't know.

Beloved catbirds skipped a few weeks ago.

Also lots of Goldfinch, some titmice, chickadees, carolina wrens, blue jays.  Haven't seen anything unusual this migration, like the year of the vireos and warblers & redstarts two years ago!  I have my water feature pumping water all night hoping to attract.

Patrick Smith