[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - 5659 Raptors

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun Sep 16 20:01:51 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Another great day to be at Quaker Ridge and good to see a few more friendly faces at the watch. Mike Reece covered both weekend days (thanks Mike!) but obviously I couldn't help heading out to watch again on my day off. Another cracking day at the watch. Maybe not quite as spectacular as yesterday as the flight seemed to die somewhere off to our east from reports I received late day but the numbers were pretty darn impressive. As well as the great flight of Broad-winged Hawks http://hawkcount.org/day_summary.php?rsite=149&ryear=2012&rmonth=09&rday=16 We also managed to get a decent morning passerine flight. Highlights on the deck during the day included Blackburnian and Wilson's Warblers, Lincoln's Sparrow and a late Orchard Oriole.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich