[CT Birds] Hamden Broadwings

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 17 06:58:36 EDT 2012

9/16 From Carol and Jim Zipp - Hamden yard

Carol and I stepped out of our car at 4:15 after getting home from the shop.
Looking up as we always do at this time of year in particular, we spotted a
stream of super high Broadwings on a glide directly into the southwest. Some
stopped and kettled a bit but most kept on a glide.  By 4:35 we had well over
300 birds. 4 Osprey, 3 Sharpies, 1 Coopers and one adult Bald Eagle also super
high, especially for that late in the day. Stayed out for another hour and ended
up with about 450 total. Knew then that it must have been a great day at the
watches and I see it was!

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
Toll Free U.S.  1-866-Fat-Robin