[CT Birds] LHPP - Tuesday 9-18

semismart9 at aol.com semismart9 at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 14:41:10 EDT 2012

Lighthouse Point was a very interesting place today. After a few showers, nothing very heavy as to rain, the wind was blowing about 20-25 mils per hour, and rocking the car. I did have 3 Osprey and 1 Northern Harrier actually go surfin' by. There were 3 big flocks of Tree Swallows that came out of the marsh and went, a total of 250 birds. I have never seen swallows so tossed about before. I was able to put in from 5:50 AM, E.S.T., until 10:00 AM, E.S.T. At that time the rain began to come down quite heavy, so I departed

Bill Banks