[CT Birds] Rocky Hill rain pools

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Sep 19 08:10:31 EDT 2012

The Buff-breasted Sandpiper was still at Rocky Hill Meadows today.  There are lots of rain pools, so birding should be good until they dry up.   Some increased diversity already, with a Lesser Yellowlegs, Solitary Sandpiper and a few Semi Sands.   Nice raptor show, with an adult Bald Eagle, Northern Harrier and an American Kestrel.  The highlight was a dogfight between a Peregrine Falcon and 2 Cooper's Hawks.

As I type, I just heard an American Golden-Plover fly over and a Dickcissel.

Patrick Comins, Meriden

Sent from my iPhone