[CT Birds] my mystery bird this morning in New Britain

busterggi at aol.com busterggi at aol.com
Wed Sep 19 08:46:55 EDT 2012

Only a few minutes ago I was out back and I spotted THAT bird again - black & white with white around the eyes & on its cheeks - this time climbing on the wall of my neighbor's shed just as a woodpecker should.  I'll refrain from giving an ID but it wasn't a Hairy or Downy, not with that white around its eyes.

Meanwhile I'm getting some semi-regular Flickers along with my regulars, spotted a pair of large white egrets last week near Long Wharf & finally got to watch a gull crack a periwinkle or other mollusk by dropping it on pavement, again near Long Wharf.

Bob Jase