[CT Birds] Naugatuck SF predawn

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:10:01 EDT 2012

This morning before work I attempted to listen for nocturnal migrants
from the field near the end of Hunters Mtn Rd at Naugatuck SF, from
0545-0635. Flight calls were scarce on this clear morning, despite
many birds in the air per radar. I had to leave just before sunrise,
so was unable to see what would have hit the field as the sun rose.
Here's my full eBird list:

American Woodcock  1     heard and seen in silhouette predawn
Barred Owl  1     calling in the distance to the NW
Black-capped Chickadee  1
Veery  2     nocturnal migrants
Swainson's Thrush  6     nocturnal migrants
American Robin  1
Gray Catbird  3
Black-throated Green Warbler  1
warbler sp.  2     nocturnal migrants