[CT Birds] Chestnut Hill (Litchfield, CT) Hawk Watch, Friday (21 Sept 2012)

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 21 16:17:40 EDT 2012

After two hours (11 AM to 1 PM EDST) at the Chestnut Hill Hawk Watch today (Friday, 21 Sept 2012) and seeing more migrating monarch butterflies (19) then migrating hawks (6) we all decided to leave for the day. The tally for today for the Chestnut Hill Hawk Watch is below. We are thinking that Sunday (23 Sept) and Monday (24 Sept) should be better for broad-winged hawks after the front coming through on Saturday night (22 Sept). I will try to see what is at Chestnut Hill on Saturday but have no great expectations for Saturday.

Sharp-shinned hawks - 2
Cooper's hawk - 1
Broad-winged hawks - 3

David W Babington