[CT Birds] Riverside Park Pond

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 21 16:44:06 EDT 2012

I stopped there between 3:30 and 4 this afternoon and saw pretty much the same mix, though I only had 1 golden and no night heron. Still a fine mix for an inland location.

I talked to one of the construction crew and they said they hope to begin digging here on Wednesday. Thus we have a few more days to find stuff at this location, which is currently not much full of water and has nice mudflats. The guy I talked to said there are a lot of egrets there in the morning before they start their work and flush the birds. As Paul and Bill, I only saw one Great Egret as well. I had to work to find the plovers, which were in the southern part of the pond and not easily located in the afternoon sunlight. It's not at all impossible that the second golden was around and I just didn't see it.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT