[CT Birds] Connecticut Warbler

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 21:21:11 EDT 2012

Sorry, I should have written directions to the CT Warbler out for everyone.  I'm wondering if it could be there in
the morning after hanging out there all day.
You can 1) park in a lot off Rte 44/6 (south side of road just off exit 60 on I-84) and stay on trail to the left (east)
from the parking lot, which takes you around the stream and then you head back to the right (west) on the dirt
road that ends at the Hockanum River and take the trail over the little bridge to the left of the river and be at this
spot with the fallen tree/child's Jeep in 12 minutes walking time from the lot.
OR 2) you can also get in from the landfill entrance/Olcott St (when its open - I think the gate close daily at 4:30
or 5pm and it is not open on Sundays) and stay to the right after entering from the landfill entrance, then the main
road curves around a bit and you can drive down a dirt road on the left that ends at the river (same as above) and
take the trail over the little bridge to the left of the river and be at this spot in 5 minutes walking time.
I hope this helps