[CT Birds] Bluff Point prediction for tomorrow

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 23 20:42:34 EDT 2012

I am virtually just in the door from 3 days of hiking in the Pemigewasset
Wilderness of New Hampshire and I haven't had a chance to look at email but
I wanted to post that the conditions look good for a nice morning at the hot
corner of Bluff Point tomorrow (Monday). There are still plenty of birds to
our north. During three days of hiking over several peaks in the White
Mountains I saw and heard many warblers still on the mountains, and even two
Bicknell's still hanging around as well as a number of Swainson's Thrushes.
Spectacular views from several summits under perfectly blue Fall skies were
punctuated by a sharp change in the weather last night as the cold front
swept through. This morning hiking out over the peaks was sharply colder
with winds gusting over 50 mph. There should be a good movement of songbirds
tonight. I mentioned before I left that I was swapping Blackpoll Warblers
for Boreal Chickadees, well I did have several Boreals as usual but I also
had a ton of Blackpolls and other warblers on the slopes still. Lots of
birds still to come.

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England

 <http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>