[CT Birds] Connecticut Warbler - Laurel Marsh, Manchester

Jonathan Trouern-Trend jtrouern at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 21:08:19 EDT 2012

CONNECTICUT WARBLER - Laurel Marsh, Manchester 23 September 2012

The previously reported Connecticut Warbler was present at Laurel Marsh,
near the red plastic truck, this evening between 5:30 and 6:40, so it might
be worth trying for it tomorrow morning.

The bird appeared a few times in the thick undergrowth, between the trail
and the river, giving short unsatisfying looks and occasionally making loud
chipping sounds.  I stayed for a while after a group of ladies departed,
hoping I would get a better, definitive look. I was about to leave when I
heard the bird chipping again after being silent for 25 minutes.  At about
6:40 as the light was quickly fading, the bird started getting more vocal,
then flew up on a branch just above me and sang for a few seconds.

Jonathan Trouern-Trend