[CT Birds] Menunketesuck Western Willet, Oystercatchers and Dunlin

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Sep 25 19:43:29 EDT 2012

There was a Western Willet at Menunketesuck this afternoon, photos of which will be posted to the Audubon Alliance Facebook page tonight.   (if folks aren't on Facebook and want a look, I could email them some) Also 12 American Oystercatchers and my first Dunlin of the fall.  One of the AmOys was a juvenile.  At one point, all of the shorebirds lifted up and I noticed a Peregrine Falcon flying out of the mouth of the river.  It gave one of the oystercatchers a good chase for a few minutes and then gave up.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut