[CT Birds] Dunlin at Sandy Point in West Haven

Folsom-O'Keefe, Corrie cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org
Wed Sep 26 10:59:56 EDT 2012

9/26/12 - While doing my International Shorebird Survey at Sandy Point this morning, I had 2 Dunlin (my first of the fall) and 1 Common Loon.   The loon flew overhead then landed in the Harbor.   Also present were 6 American Oystercatchers (2 juveniles), 4 Black-bellied Plover, 3 Ruddy Turnstones, 1 Semipalmated Plover, 1 Least Sandpiper, 1 Spotted Sandpiper, 20 Sanderlings, 8 Snowy Egrets, a few Savannah Sparrows, and 1 saltmarsh sparrow.

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe
Audubon CT