[CT Birds] Common Gallinule, Litchfield

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Wed Sep 26 16:49:37 EDT 2012

Seen by Mike Doyle, a regular at White Memorial. I just saw the eBird post
as well. It was especially interesting to me because I was there briefly
this morning before going to an appointment. I walked out on the boardwalk
from the Gallows Hill end of the pond. Saw the Ring-necked Duck that Mike
reported but not the gallinule. I note that only because they can easily
disappear in a vegetation-filled pond. No question about the sighting. Mike
knows the place like the back of his hand. I actually had that species in
mind too because of a recent sighting in Mass. I was hoping one would be on
Cemetery Pond, where it might have been easier to find.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury