[CT Birds] 10 Day CT

Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 27 08:37:16 EDT 2012

Hi Luke,
I was there Tuesday 9/25 with several others. We saw a Northern Waterthush several times in the small floodplain spot where there's a fallen tree lying on the mud (near where we had the CT Warbler).  I too would be surprised if a Louisiana Waterthrush is lingering here this late in the season, as most migrate south very early (July- early August) after breeding. Did anyone reporting LA obtain any photos?
And I agree that this immature male CT Warbler is staying an abnormally long time in one place, but to the delight of many birders!  The species is usually not "chase-able" during migration.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone