[CT Birds] Bethany Ratite

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Sep 27 16:06:34 EDT 2012

Wednesday evening my daughter got a text message with a picture attachment from her husband, who sent it from his usual tree stand in Bethany.  He attached pictures taken looking at something rather large on the ground below.  From the pictures it appears to be an Emu, a young one that had not quite completely lost the white stripes on the back they have when young.  My daughter told him Emu could be aggressive so he stayed up the tree until it left.

You never know what will turn up during migration!   8-)

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT