[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - 906 Raptors Golden etc

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Thu Sep 27 23:00:54 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Another fantastic day at Quaker Ridge after a slow start to proceedings. Surprised to add another 500+ Broadies so late in the season but the real highlight was a great Kestrel day (72) at least for here - nice to see so many of a species that is doing so badly across the Northeast. They were still going at 6:30pm when we finally quit for the day. We also bumped up our Sharpie numbers quite nicely. Highlights at the watch included a nice adult type (notoriously difficult to age correctly) Golden Eagle (first of the year) and 8 or so Common Nighthawks. In the fields in the morning a nice mix only yielded a Brown Thrasher and 2 Lincoln's Sparrows as species of note.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich