[CT Birds] Help make the Bent an even better place for birds and birding!

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Sep 28 14:22:28 EDT 2012

Sorry for the multiple posts today, but I wanted to get the word out about this volunteer opportunity:
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: October 5 and 6 for large tree & shrub plantings

The Audubon Center Bent of the River in Southbury is seeking volunteers on Friday, October 5 between 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and Saturday, October 6 between 12:00 and 4:00 PM to do large tree and shrub plantings. The work is to support the Large Woody Debris grant the Center received from the CT DEEP.

Volunteers should bring a shovel if possible, and wear long sleeve shirt, long pants, work boots - work gloves will be supplied; bring water bottle, bug repellent, sunscreen, and own lunch. Participants should park at the entrance parking lot and walk to barn.

Volunteers are needed year round for ongoing activities and maintenance.

The Audubon Center Bent of the River is located in the Southbury hamlet of South Britain, off Route 172, 185 East Flat Hill Road, 0.3 miles from corner of General Store and South Britain Congregational Church.

For information contact Jim Drennan at jdrennan at audubon.org<mailto:jdrennan at audubon.org> or 203.264.5098 - http://bentoftheriver.audubon.org.
                                                                           # # #
Contact: Barbara Branagan-Mitchell 860-210-0149; Jim Drennan 203-264-5098

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488

Phone: (203)264-5098 x308 (note, I currently do not have a phone at my desk, but will check messages, email is a quicker way to reach me right now)
Fax: (203)264-6332