[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Hawk Watch, Thursday, 9/27

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Sep 28 21:20:52 EDT 2012

What a strange day! it was raining when I got there - didn't last too long
but remained completely cloudy till almost noon. Then the front cleared
out, sky  started to clear, wind changed (from nothing to something) and all
hell broke  loose! 13 Bald Eagles, 10 between 12 and 1 (EDT). Only Paul
Desjardins and  myself with help from George Stephens. I think the count would be
higher If we  had more observers, but the weather didn't indicate the day
would be like that.  If you turned from one spot to another and just put bins
on the clouds anywhere  you would have 4 or 5 birds. But the birds were
mostly not real close, and it  took time to figure out what we had.
Boring day for 5 hours plus, then mayhem for a little while!

Don Morgan