[CT Birds] Silver Sands SP: clay-colored sparrow

Russ Smiley arsmiley at comcast.net
Fri Sep 28 21:41:42 EDT 2012

9/28/12 6:20 PM Silver Sands State Park - Photographed the CLAY-COLORED
SPARROW tonight at Silver Sand SP.  (This was another case of pure
serendipity.  A young buck was creeping along the water's edge and flushed
the bird before it.)  I also photographed a pair of drag indigo buntings, a
handful of swamp sparrows, and I saw about ten each of song, savannah, and
white-throated sparrows.  All were seen in shrubs at northwest end of lawn
beside the marsh.

Russ Smiley

Marlborough, CT