[CT Birds] Glastonbury - 83 species including 2 CT Warblers, 2 Clay-colored Sparrows, Dickcissel and more

Bill Asteriades Asterbunch at cox.net
Sat Sep 29 14:54:22 EDT 2012

Andrew Dasinger and I started our morning at 7:00AM and expected to be done birding in 3-4 hours.  We ended up birding 7 hours since everywhere we turned birds were plentiful.  One of our better days of birding in Glastonbury during the fall.  Highlights follow:

9/29/12 Glastonbury, Riverfront Park and other (mostly private land) - 83 species - 1 AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER, 1 SOLITARY SANDPIPER, 12 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS, 9 species of raptors, 13 WILSON'S SNIPE, 1 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH, at least 300 AMERICAN PIPITS, 11 species of warbler including 2 CONNECTICUT WARBLERS (seen together), 11 species of sparrow including 2 CLAY-COLORED SPARROWS (seen together), 10 LINCOLN'S SPARROWS and 1 juv. WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW, 1 DICKCISSEL, 15 BOBOLINKS, 5 RUSTY BLACKBIRDS, 4 PURPLE FINCH and 1 PINE SISKIN.

Bill Asteriades
South Glastonbury, CT