[CT Birds] Updated prediction for Bluff Point in Groton.

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 29 18:47:14 EDT 2012

The stability of the tonight's atmosphere throughout New England looks to be
worse than I hoped earlier today. Predicting whether or not the hot corner
at Bluff Point in Groton will be worth checking out Sunday morning has
become a crap shoot too close to call, and I can not say "go" or "don't go"
with any confidence at this point. While the predicted surface winds look
fairly good, the instability in the atmosphere may keep many birds grounded
tonight. Sunday night may be a better migration night, but the surface winds
predicted for Monday are terrible for the hot corner at Bluff. It is
frustrating to not have the conditions for a classic big day coalesce out of
this weather, but I have seen entire fall migrations pass with out the
conditions coming together for great days at the hot corner, so it could
always be worse!

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England

 <http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>