[CT Birds] Bluff Point 9/30

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 10:00:18 EDT 2012

9/30 Bluff Point report - "I shoulda stood in bed" edition.

Chris Elphick, Steve Morytko, Phil Rusch, and I had a pretty quiet morning flight at the hot corner this morning.  We had about 50 or so warbler-types and it was so dark that it was nearly impossible to identify any other than a yellow-rump that called.  Other morning flyers included 2 Red-breasted Nuthatches, Purple Finch, Scarlet Tanager, Common Nighthawk (before I got there), flicker, phoebe, and other common birds. We picked up some species in the park - Northern Parula, "baypoll" warbler, 3 Palm Warblers, 3 American Redstarts, 2 Yellow-rumped Warblers, 3 Red-eyed Vireos, Blue-headed Vireo, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, empid sp. ("Trail's), etc.

from Chris Elphick, Steve Morytko, Phil Rusch, and Glenn Williams:
9/30 - Groton, Bluff Point -- COMMON NIGHTHAWK, 2 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES, PURPLE FINCH - only around 50 warblers of 5 species

Glenn Williams
Mystic