[CT Birds] Manchester CT warbler

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 1 08:24:38 EDT 2012

I've not seen any posts from yesterday so thought I should say that the Connecticut warbler at Laurel Marsh in Manchester was seen on and off throughout the day yesterday.  Also a nice mix of other warblers during the afternoon: Nashville, black-throated blue, yellow palms, blackpolls, parula, northern waterthrush and lots of yellow-rumpeds ... more identified to species than at Bluff Point yesterday morning!

Also, if you have not been there before the original directions can be quite misleading - the red truck has been moved so that it indicates the entrance to the path you should take along the river bank.  It is not, however, a hundred yards from the fallen tree where the bird is.  Instead you need to go quite a bit farther along the path by the river.  The fallen tree is large and has chicken wire around its base.  There's quite a bit of trampled vegetation marking the right spot too.

Chris

Chris Elphick

Storrs, CT

elphick at sbcglobal.net