[CT Birds] Bluff Point tomorrow predicition, uncertain but possibly birds

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 1 19:25:28 EDT 2012

In answer to inquiries: The forecasted surface winds MAY produce a morning
flight event at Bluff Point's hot corner tomorrow, BUT, the forecasted winds
also pretty much box the compass throughout the next 18 hours. So if the
winds are northwest at dawn and hold so for a couple of hours, there may
well be a moderate event. Note the use of but, if, may well be, etc. Again
it's another iffy forecast. I would go myself if I could because I'm close
and it's worth a shot, but with the knowledge that it may be pretty
interesting or it might be pretty slow.

I do very much expect a decent overall avian movement tonight however. So
new birds around tomorrow, even if the Bluff event fizzles.  There does not
appear to be promising conditions again for Bluff until  next
Sunday/Monday/Tuesday at this point. But of course that is as subject to
change as the weather, eh hem.

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England

 <http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>