[CT Birds] Fork-tailed Flycatcher revisted

john@birdspix.com schwarzjs at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 01:09:50 EDT 2012

From: John Schwarz

Just before the Fork-tailed Flycatcher was postively ID'd in Stamford two years ago, there was a posting on CTbirds that before jumping to the conclusion that the bird that had been first seen, I believe in Hamden, actually was a Fork-tailed Flycatcher, an escaped Pin-tailed Whydah should also be ruled out. The person who made that posting was me, and certain folks ridiculed me for it at the time. The following link now provides some interesting retrospect to that experience:

http://10000birds.com/the-truth-is-out-there.htm