[CT Birds] Somers Birds

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Thu Oct 4 13:29:48 EDT 2012

10/3 AM   While checking out my sparrow patch in the farm fields along the
Scantic River in Somers, I had a flock of 40-50 PINE SISKINS fly in with a
few Gold-finches mixed in.  Later in the PM had a mini fall out of yard
birds with the continuing 4 PURPLE FINCH including 2 stunning males, 1
RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH, the numerous feeder regulars and 5 species of warbler
of which 3 I could ID for sure (Pine,Yellow-rumped, BT Green) and just a
guess at the other 2(Tennessee and Magnolia or is it too late for Mags?).
Fall warbler ID's are fun!

Jan in Somers