[CT Birds] Stratford Point 10/4 and this weekend

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Thu Oct 4 14:51:12 EDT 2012

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
10/04/12 - Stratford Point -- 1 CASPIAN TERN, 2 FORSTER'S TERN, 5 BLACK SKIMMER, 1 BAY-BREASTED WARBLER, 1 LINCOLN'S SPARROW, 2 WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW among 51 species. See the full list here: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2012/10/stratford-point-birds-104.html

Considering Frank mentioned 2 Caspians were still present at Silver Sands before and after my sighting that takes us up to 3 birds on the day. Patrick, Donna, and Corrie posted about the Great Stratford Bird Festival, but I wanted to make one point clear as it is often asked of me - Stratford Point and the usually closed gate will be open for any visitors all weekend. Come on down! Even if it's a poor weather day it can be very productive just as this foggy and showery one was.

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society