[CT Birds] New Molt workshop at Milford Point

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 18:18:41 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Sean Graesser and I will be offering a new bird banding and songbird molt workshop at the Coastal Center on Oct 27. We hope you can join us, it should be a lot of fun. Contact Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502 to register.

Fall Bird Banding and Molt Workshop
Saturday, Oct 27
9:00 a.m.-11 a.m.
Confused by fall warblers and sparrows? Having troubledistinguishing between adult and young birds, and been wondering if and how youcould tell the difference? Understanding molt in birds, although a difficultprocess to master on your own, can be an incredibly powerful tool for helpingto age, sex, and identify birds in the field. Here’s a chance to joinexperienced Master Bird Banders, Sean Graesser and Frank Gallo, for an up closelook at songbird molt, as we catch tag and release migrating birds at the Coastal Center. The banding demonstration willbe followed by an indoor multimedia presentation with detailed photos ofsongbird molt. Understanding molt can be fun. Join us.
Meet at the Connecticut AudubonCoastal Center at Milford Point. Fee: $25 members; $35 non-members.

Frank Gallo

Life is short. Bird often.