[CT Birds] Major coastal predawn migration

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 06:43:04 EDT 2012

Things are quieting down right now at 640am just before sunrise, but the density was unbelievable earlier. I'm going to make estimates by doing some math later but you couldn't go 2 sec without a Swainson's Thrush, and double-digit Gray-cheek including one higher pitched bird that may have been Bicknell's. We'll see if my iPhone spectrogram image will be enough to distinguish.

Not sure what this will mean for this morning's birding but it couldn't hurt to get out and look, particularly along the coast.

They're still going in lower density now.

Nick
Wallingford

Sent from my iPhone