[CT Birds] Major coastal predawn migration

eyeflight16 at optonline.net eyeflight16 at optonline.net
Fri Oct 5 06:47:22 EDT 2012

I had the same here in Fairfield. I opened the doors to let my dog out at 6:30 am, and I heard flight calls everywhere in the fog. I got out my bins and stayed out there for about 5 mins, and I had an Eastern Towhee fly in from the sound into my yard, and a Common Nighthawk flew over as well, which is getting a bit late I think. Tons of other call notes which I could not identify, although I could hear many Yellow-rumped Warblers. Birds are certainly moving out there today.

James Purcell
Fairfield