[CT Birds] Major coastal predawn migration

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Oct 5 07:18:39 EDT 2012

And the radar at that time was showing a lot of echoes over SW CT (Fairfield, New Haven and Middlesex Counties) in particular.  Some in Litchfield and Hartford Counties as well.  Tolland, Windham and New London Counties look pretty quiet, but there's another blob over east-central Mass and RI.  The blob appears especially dense around the mouth of the Housatonic right now, so maybe they're going down in Milford/Stratford.  I bet Long Island will be hopping with birds this AM too.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut