[CT Birds] Major coastal predawn migration

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 5 08:08:26 EDT 2012

It isn't totally coastal, but is certainly near-shore related. The birds
moving from clear skies into the fog banks of the shore and near-shore
causes them to concentrate where the visibility goes lousy. Here in Norwich
I had fog at dawn as well and a pretty good wave of Titmouses, Chickadees,
and Red-breasted Nuthatches just moved by. Coastal areas should prove
interesting but the lower reaches of the larger river valleys should have
plenty of birds as well.

Dave

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England