[CT Birds] Birdcraft this morning

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 11:40:04 EDT 2012

I went to do my Habitat Oasis Survey and found quite a few birds, although
not the concentrations of warblers I had hoped for.  There were large
numbers of Robins and a mixed flock of blackbirds mostly Grackles and
Starlings from what I could see.  More notable were several BLUE-HEADED
VIREOS, GRAY -CHEEKED THRUSHES, SWAINSON'S THRUSHES and a SCARLET TANAGER
(first year).  There were also Yellow-rumped Warblers, Ruby-crowned
Kinglets and Eastern Phoebes.  I also saw the first flock of White-throated
Sparrows I had seen there this fall.  Birdcraft is at 314 Unquowa Road in
Fairfield.

--
Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut